8.03.2013

james and the giant peach

Confession: I am not a big fan of peaches. But you can't make cupcakes based on books and just skip James and the Giant Peach. I mean, really? That's got to be one of the best ideas! So I swallowed my aversion to the fruit and baked these up for you. Actually, I made them for my in-laws, but you get the picture.

















I used the peach cupcake recipe from Indulge, and the delicious cream cheese whipped cream frosting recipe from Your Cup of Cake. This frosting is my new favorite! I don't know if I'll ever be able to make another kind of frosting ever again! It was extremely light, so even though it was piled up on top, you didn't feel like there was too much of it. It was so, so yummy! Life-changing even. I colored half the frosting a light orange, but apparently I should have done it darker. You can barely tell in the pictures. I'll do better next time!






















These cupcakes were a big hit at Sunday dinner with the in-laws. Most people ate more than one, and my brother-in-law declared them "blog-approved." I'm so glad they're willing to be my taste-testers!


No comments:

Post a Comment