8.19.2013

deathly hallows

It's been quite a week. And these cupcakes, adorable as they are, did not make it any better! I had hoped to make a deliciously decadent cheesecake frosting, and it did not turn out. At all. It was like melted ice cream. And I'm still not sure what I did wrong. So I had to pull out the only not expired can of frosting that I had on my shelves.



Then, when I ate the actual cupcakes, the cake was dry. Which was most likely my fault, because I don't believe in timing when I bake. I just check on my cakes a lot. So...they would probably have been delicious if I had timed it right.

















In spite of all that, though, the cupcakes turned out to be pretty awesome looking! And I will work on my cake recipe until it's moist and delicious, and THEN I'll share it with you! For now, though - to make Deathly Hallows decorations for your cupcakes, melt some chocolate chips in a squeeze bottle, then squeeze out your shapes! Wait until cool & hardened, then place on top of your frosted cupcakes.

1 comment:

  1. You should try this recipe. It's really easy to make, and it always comes out perfect.
    http://pleasantviewschoolhouse.blogspot.com/2006/02/schoolhouse-chocolate-cake.html

    I still think your cupcakes are cute!

    ReplyDelete