8.12.2013

always very curious

Disclaimer: I. Hate. Bananas.






















Hey, guess what? I made you some banana cupcakes!

Hahaha.

No, seriously. I did.

Do you know what I thought about them? I hated them.

BUT! Don't stop there! If I counted right, ten out of eleven of my in-laws loved them! #11 was my nephew who also hates bananas. So, with that acceptance, I decided to go ahead and post the recipe for my banana cupcakes with peanut butter frosting.

The peanut butter frosting was DIVINE, by the way. Delicious and delectable!

And do you know who likes bananas? Curious George. And you should always go with the monkey.

Sorry for the pictures. They weren't super pretty, and I was really tired...so this is whatcha get!






















Banana Cupcakes:
Yellow Cake Mix
3 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
3 bananas, well mashed

Mix all ingredients. Scoop into cupcake liners. Bake at 350 for 12-17 minutes. Cool completely.

Crunchy Peanut Butter Frosting:
1 stick butter
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
2(ish) tablespoons milk
4(ish) cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
banana runts for decoration (optional)

Whip together butter and peanut butter. On slow, mix in one cup powdered sugar, then another cup. Add milk and vanilla. Then mix in last 2 cups of powdered sugar. Adjust consistency with more powdered sugar or milk as needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment