8.09.2013

bruce bogtrotter

Do I even need to explain the title of this post? Chocolate chocolate cupcakes, here we come!

















I had book group earlier this week, and we discussed the book The Chocolate War (I wouldn't recommend it - sorry Audrey!). Since the book was (kind of) about chocolate, we each brought a chocolate dessert to share. So obviously I made cupcakes. I also realize that, since we read The Chocolate War, these cupcakes should be for that book. But I borderline hated it. So I am tipping my hat to Matilda instead. Why not?

I love that these cupcakes were super easy to make. All I did was use a dark chocolate cake mix (Duncan Hines) and make whipped dark chocolate ganache for the frosting. They were super yummy!

I also just realized that all of the pictures that turned out looking good for this cupcake are pretty much exactly the same picture. Oops!


Whipped Ganache Frosting:
9 ounces dark chocolate
1 cup heavy cream

In a double boiler (or, you know, a bowl over a pot of simmering water), melt the chocolate chips. Stir in cream until combined well. Remove from heat and let cool. Pour into a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Whisk on high speed until stiff peaks form. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes (I used a Wilton 1M tip).

No comments:

Post a Comment