7.22.2013

oculus reparo

So, we've already established my love for Harry Potter. You know - how I made fun of the books before ever reading them? Well, let me tell you about my second exposure to Harry.

It was Christmas. Probably the same year that I made fun of the books. My grandmother sent us a copy of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. My family gathered in the living room and my mom read us the first chapter. Magic, people. Magic. I remember the feeling I had when Dumbledore pulled out his fabulous put-outer, when the cat turned into a person... I have always wished I could experience Harry Potter for the first time again.

We were supposed to read the whole book as a family, but my siblings and I kept sneaking into my mom's room, stealing the book and reading ahead.

Worth it.

Well, nothing says Harry Potter like round, taped up glasses and a lightning bolt scar. Let's face it - one would hardly recognize him without them.

















I have been wanting to make these cupcakes for years, but I have been extremely nervous. I mean, it's super easy for things to go wrong. The tiny little chocolate glasses and lightning scars could break so easily. In fact, they might not even look good in the first place.

Well, the cupcakes turned out awesome! The pictures, unfortunately, didn't do them justice. So just trust me. They look great! :)

















So here's how you do it. Draw (many, many, many) pairs of glasses until you make an acceptable-looking one. Then, put some wax paper over the drawing and melt some chocolate chips. Pour that chocolate into a Ziploc bag and cut the tiniest bit of the corner off. Trace the glasses with the chocolate.

Then you'll have to melt (just a tiny bit) of white chocolate. Ziploc it, cut the tiny corner off, and squeeze it onto the bridge of your glasses for the tape.

Finally, melt some yellow candy melts (again, just a little bit) and squeeze out some cute little lightning bolts.

After they all harden up, you can put them on your frosted cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment