7.18.2013

creamsicle

Well, this isn't from a book or movie, but it's the perfect cupcake for summer!






















Orange cream popsicles are my favorite! When I was in my last trimester of pregnancy with my daughter, I ate boxes and boxes of orange cream popsicles. They're delicious; no question. And let me tell you something - they're equally as delicious in cupcake form!






















I made them mini-sized, but you can obviously also be made normal-sized. I liked them as minis, though, because then you could take them by the stick, peel off the wrapper, and just pop them into your mouth.

Orange Cream Cupcakes:
White cake mix
1 can orange soda

Mix the soda with the cake mix - no eggs, oil, or water necessary. Fill cupcake liners and bake at 350 for 10-20 minutes. Cupcakes should be set, but will be sticky. Cool completely

Frosting:
8 oz container cool whip, thawed
1 small box instant vanilla pudding mix
3/4 cup milk
orange extract
orange gel color

In a stand mixer, beat cool whip, pudding mix and milk together. Add a few drops of orange extract (check for flavor) and orange coloring. Mix until combined and smooth. Pipe onto cupcakes. Top with a popsicle stick, if desired.


No comments:

Post a Comment